120 gms sliced beef rib eye Rib Eye Beef sliced
2 tbsp Japanese barbecue sauce (store bought)
100 gms mung bean sprouts
2 tbsp marinated mung bean sprouts
1 marinated egg
Chopped spring onions for garnish
140 fresh egg noodles (store bought)
1 ½ cup chicken broth
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chili oil (store bought)
For the chicken broth:
80 gms leeks
80 gms celery
100 gms white onions
10 gms garlic
1 kg chicken
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
To marinate the bean sprouts:
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp Chinese chili garlic sauce (store bought)
1 tsp Korean spicy miso paste (store bought)
To marinate the egg:
¼ cup water
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Making the chicken broth
1. Add 1 litre of water to a large pot and add all the ingredients and bring it to a boil.
2. After it has boiled, simmer for 6 hours and then strain the liquid to get chicken broth.
Making the Ramen
1. Mix all the ingredients to marinate the bean sprouts. Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Blanch bean sprouts for few seconds, remove from hot water and mix with the marinade, and set aside while you prepare the rest of the dish. You can refrigerate it.
2. Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the egg, and boil it for 6 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and cool down in cold water. Mix all the ingredients to marinate the egg. Remove the shell and marinate the egg in the mixture.
4. Slice the rib eye as thinly as possible. Heat a frying pan until it is smoking hot, and add the sliced rib eye gently. Add the Japanese barbecue sauce until it has glazed the meat well and it has caramelised. Set it aside.
5. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the fresh egg noodles and cook for 1 minute, or if substituted with dried noodle, follow the instructions on the packet.
6. Boil chicken broth in a separate pot, if you made it in advance so that it is heated well before serving.
7. Pour the broth and soy sauce into a Ramen bowl, place the noodles in the centre, add the marinated bean sprouts, fresh bean sprouts, glazed beef, and sliced marinated egg.
8. Marinated bean sprouts and glazed rib eye, garnish with spring onion and sliced marinated egg, and chili oil.
Share your favourite recipes with us at firstname.lastname@example.org