A piece of red cabbage, around 10gms
Handful of coriander leaves
3 to 4 limes
200gms of shrimp, around 18 to 20 pieces
100gms tempura flour
150ml of vegetable oil
Pinch of onion powder
1 to 2 fresh green chilies
1 garlic clove
4 corn tortillas (store bought)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Making the coriander mayo
1. In a blender, combine 15 grams of fresh coriander, 1 teaspoon of lime juice, 50 grams of mayonnaise.
Making the tomato salsa
1. In a pot over a low flame, heat the oil and cook the tomatoes until the skin separates from the pulp.
2. Add chopped coriander leaves, garlic, onions and simmer for 20 minutes. Then add salt and pepper to taste. Let the salsa cool down and reserve.
Frying the shrimp and plating
1. Clean and devein the shrimp and cut in the centre.
2. In a mixing bowl add the tempura flour and water, and mix well with a whisk till the ingredients have been well combined.
3. Preheat the oil to 180°C.
4. Coat with the tempura batter and deep fry at 180 degrees in pre-heated neutral oil for 3 minutes.
5. Toast the corn tortilla for 1 minute on each side.
6. Put the tortilla on a plate and add the tomato salsa and the cooked shrimp on top.
7. Shred the red cabbage then drizzle the lime vinaigrette on top and mix both together.
8. Add the cabbage on top and drizzle with coriander mayo, then add cut chili and coriander leaves as garnish. Then serve with lime wedges on the side.
Share your favourite Mexican recipes with us at email@example.com