For the sauce
1 tsp honey
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp dark soya sauce
For the stir-fry
120gm Angus beef, cubed
2 garlic cloves, chopped
½ small onion, chopped
½ small tomato, chopped
8-10 sprigs of coriander, chopped
½ tsp sesame seeds
Oil for stir-frying
1. To make the sauce, heat the honey and chilli flakes with a little water in a wok. Allow to caramelise (about 2-3 minutes). Add the light and dark soya sauces. Stir well and chill.
2. To make the stir-fry, add some oil to a wok on very high heat. Add the beef cubes and toss continuously so they are seared on all sides.
3. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add a little water if desired so the beef cooks in the steam.
4. Add the onion, tomato and sauce, stirring continuously for a couple of minutes. Season to taste.
5. Serve it with coriander, potato wedges and sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy: Tesoro, Taj Dubai