240gm long-grain rice, rinsed and divided into 4 portions
480gm minced beef
1 tsp each, cornstarch and oil
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
For the sauce, mix together
4 tbsp light soy sauce
4 tbsp chicken stock
4 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp oil
1. Pour 50ml water each into 4 claypots and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Add a portion of rice to each claypot and reduce heat to medium. Cover and allow the rice to cook for 5 minutes.
3. Mix beef with cornstarch and oil, then divide into 4 portions and spread each portion over the surface of the rice in each claypot.
4. Cover the claypots and continue cooking over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
5. Remove the lids. Using a spoon, create a 'well' in the centre of each claypot.
6. Carefully break 1 egg into each 'well' and then cover for a few minutes until the egg white is slightly set and the yolk is raw.
7. Just before serving, drizzle sauce over the surface of the dish.
8. Sprinkle chopped spring onions over and serve sizzling hot.
Recipe recreated by Chef Alex Zhang, Trader's Hotel Dubai
Share your favourite dishes or recipes with us at email@example.com