Abu Dhabi: National Geographic Abu Dhabi is set to air a new 44-minute documentary called ‘Marmum’ that goes behind the scenes to explore a brand new state-of-the-art dairy factory in the heart of the UAE. ‘Marmum’ premieres on the National Geographic Abu Dhabi channel today, July 27, at 11pm UAE time.
‘Marmum’ takes audiences on an exciting visual journey, focusing on the challenges behind the concept of a large-scale, innovative dairy factory, delivering modern farming standards and offering a range of products such as milk, flavoured milk, yoghurts, laban and juices.
- In photos: UAE Hope Probe launch as it happened
- UAE: Debit card blocked, no salary for three months; how will I survive the COVID-19 pandemic?
- UAE: ‘My bank gave me Dh156 cashback, instead of Dh1,219.06 on my credit card. Please help!’
- Are you disposing your face mask in Dubai responsibly?
- Hope Probe: A look at the UAE Mars Mission's launch site
- Pictures: Blast off to Mars for UAE's Hope Probe mission
The film highlights the various components of the project located in Nahel, a desert region in Abu Dhabi — from the farm to the cow-feeding area to the bottling and packing areas.
Viewers will witness the building of the new modern farm which accommodates 3,700 cows as well as the feeding area and the milking parlour.
- Biker loses control, hits lamp post and dies in Dubai
- UAE: 2019 FNC elections saw highest ever number of voters
- Air India Express begins sale of tickets for next phase of UAE-India Vande Bharat Mission flights
- Sharjah Ruler pardons 283 inmates ahead of Eid Al Adha
- First-ever bone marrow transplant conducted in UAE
- New rules for emergency services on holidays at Indian Consulate in Dubai
The state-of-the-art factory, spread over 30,000 square metres, uses next generation technologies, including robotics, in the bottling and packing areas. Built to comply with latest international standards, the new factory will enable Marmum to significantly increase production and deliver a world-class product to their customers in the UAE and abroad.