Dubai: Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Health announced the detection of 1,567 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Friday, bringing the total number in the Kingdom to 285,793.
The Kingdom’s death toll climbed to 3,093 as another 38 COVID-19 patients succumbed to the deadly virus.
- Eid Al Adha 2020: First time scenes from Haj show pilgrims with masks and social distancing at Mount Arafat
- Photos: Domestic tourists flock to Saudi Arabia's Rijal Almaa
- Saudi archipelago Farasan in bid to enter UNESCO’s Man and Biosphere list
- In pictures: Gold rush in Saudi Arabia to beat VAT deadline
- In Pictures: Scaled back Haj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia
The number of patients who have recovered from coronavirus rose to 248,948 with 1,859 of them successfully beating the disease over the past 24 hours.
The Eastern province topped Friday’s list of cities with the highest daily number of COVID-19 cases after 281 new infections were detected, followed by Mecca with 286 cases and Asir with 259 new cases.
There are 33,752 active cases, with most patients in a stable condition, and 1,892 critical.