Dubai: An Asian man died following a gas leak in a Dubai restaurant on Monday, a Dubai Civil Defence official said. The man was inside the restaurant when the gas explosion took place.
According to Dubai Civil Defence, the fire was reported at 4.31am this morning at a restaurant in a four-floor building at International City.
- COVID -19: UAE parents, students go shopping for the new school term
- UAE: Ticket cancelled due to COVID-19, but no refund from travel agency, for over 60 days
- IPL in UAE: Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan get down to training in Dubai
- Photos: Gulf News reader shares pictures of the desert safari tour in the UAE
Firefighters from Nad Al Sheba fire station rushed to the spot and controlled the fire within minutes.
“The building was evacuated as a precautionary measure. The fire was caused due to gas leak. One person died in the incident,” a spokesperson from Dubai Civil Defence said.
The fire was brought under control at 4.54 am and the site handed over to Dubai Police for further investigations, he added.