Dubai: Qatar’s Ministry of Transport and Communication (MOTC) announced that public transit (buses and metro) services will resume at 30 per cent capacity as of Tuesday, September 1 as Phase 4 of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 curbs on public transit systems begin.
The MOTC published various guidelines to be followed by the buses and metro services as part of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in Qatar.
As Qatar continues its previous decisions and measures to ensure the wellbeing and safety of its citizens and residents to stop the spread of COVID-19, the MOTC has decided to:
• Resuming public transit (buses and metro) services at 30 per cent capacity starting Sept 1 according to previous working hours for public transit while abiding by MoPH instructions
• Testing all workers of public transit system and stations for COVID-19
• Providing supervisors to ensure all precautionary measures are being followed
• Encouraging customers to pre-book ride tickets online
• Allowing entry only for those with “green” status on EHTERAZ App and those who wear facemasks
• Banning smoking at entrances of public transit and following instructions on guidance posters
• Banning eating and drinking inside stations and on public transit system
• Surfaces are continuously sterilized
• Social distancing posters, footmarks and signs are place on walls, floors and seats
• Hand sanitizer stations are installed