Dubai: Companies and private institutions in Oman can use their employees accommodation to provide mandatory institutional quarantine but with certain guidelines, Government Communication Centre (GC) said on Thursday.
Following are the guidelines that need to be followed while providing the accommodation:
1. Providing accommodation service for institutional quarantine for a period of 7 days according to requirements issued by the Ministry of Health (single room with toilet).
2. Providing catering services for the daily basic meals for the isolated worker at the place of residence in disposable tools for all meals.
3. Providing laundry services
4. Providing transportation/or contracting with the Omani Transportation Company Mwasalat/or any other company to transport the worker coming from Muscat International Airport to the company’s isolation site and at the company’s account.
5. Allocating a specific place at the company’s isolation site to conduct the second PCR test and removing the bracelet at the company’s account by coordinating with one of the private health institutions accredited by the General Directorate of Private Health Institutions of the Ministry of Health to conduct the PCR test and provide the licensing from the system( Tarassud).
6. Determining the actual number of vacant rooms in the isolation site proposed by the company and its capacity in accordance with the requirements of health institutions.
7. Regularly cleaning rooms in the institutional health isolation and the surrounding environment, with providing an appropriate way for storing and transporting garbage at its isolation site (closed garbage container / way of proper waste disposal).
8. Providing a transportation to serve isolated workers working in emergency health cases during their stay with one of the approved private health institutions (a vehicle designated for transporting emergency cases).
9. Commitment to providing precautionary sanitary tools (masks + disinfectants + cleaning materials + alcohol + sterilizers)
10. Installing devices (Rassed ) from the company (e mushrif) at the company’s account.
11. Allocating a separate reception desk at the institutional isolation site to manage the isolation site.
12. Installing thermal cameras at the main entrances to places of health institutional isolation.
13. Submit a request for approval to the Director General of Social Development in the governorate, the supervisor of the relief and shelter sector in order to use a health isolation site belonging to the company.
14. Providing security escorts by security and safety personnel and with the commitment to submitting a periodic report.
15. Installing surveillance devices (cameras) at the entrances to the isolation site.
16. The passenger should present the following documents at the airports: A copy of resident card / A letter from the company stating that the worker will be in the health isolation of the company’s approved competent authority team.
According to the Government Communication Centre, companies/institutions are required to review and implement the requirements specified by the Relief and Shelter Sector regarding institutional health isolation sites before submitting the application. It is required when submitting the application, that the arrivals are more than 15 persons.
The company/ institutions should also submit an official request addressed to the Director-General of Social Development / the supervisor of the relief and the shelter sector in the governorate, where the proposed site for health isolation is. The Technical team will visit the proposed site to assess the extent of the company/institution’s commitment to health controls and requirements according to the form prepared for that.
The technical team should also submit a report on the site visited and the availability of requirements and measures taken at the site in accordance with the health conditions and requirements. In case of approval, The Relief and Shelter Sector issues a declaration of approval to activate the institutional health isolation of the company / institution.