Dubai: The Kuwaiti Council of Ministers approves a three-stage plan to operate commercial flights from and to Kuwait from August 1, 2020 according to Kuwait news agency KUNA.
The decision was issued today, Kuwait's cabinet agreed on a three-stage resumption starting at 30% capacity, the statement said.
Kuwait has suspended all commercial and international flights in March because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is still widely expected that the Cabinet will on Thursday launch Kuwait's transition to the second phase of the five-phase plan to return to normal life.
The three-week phase will see the curfew shortened to between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
In this phase, workforces in government and private sectors should be less than 30 per cent, in addition to the resumption of work in the construction sector, banking, malls opening for eight hours and according to special instructions; parks and pick-ups from restaurants.
Parliament's Speaker Marzouq Al Ghanem said that the lawmaker suspected of having contracted the virus had attended a session of the assembly held on June 16 when the ministers of finance and education were grilled.
Kuwait has so far reported 41,879 COVID-19 cases, with 337 deaths