Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 112 new cases of the novel coronavirus, raising the overall infections in the country to 855 including one death, a health official said on Wednesday.
The latest cases include one patient who has recently travelled to France, 105 others who were in contact with previously infected people, spokesman for the Health Ministry Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media briefing. The six other cases are being investigated, he added.
The overall number of patients include 21 people staying in intensive care units, seven of them in critical condition, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported.
Kuwaiti Health Minister Sheikh Basil Al Sabah earlier said that six more patients have recovered, bringing to 111 the total recoveries in the country.
On Monday, the Kuwaiti government tightened its measures against the spread of the coronavirus. They included complete lockdown of two populous areas, expansion of a night-time curfew in other areas and extending the closure of all state institutions.