Cairo: Kuwait has recorded 55 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, raising the infection tally in the country to 910 including one death, a health official said Thursday.
Fifty-one among the latest cases are in people who were in contact with previously infected people, spokesman for the Health Ministry Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media briefing.
The four others are being investigated, he added.
The overall number of patients include 22 people staying in intensive care units, comprising eight in critical condition, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported.
Dr Al Sanad renewed his call for people to stay at home and observe a partial curfew in place to help curb the spread of Covid-19.
On Monday, the Kuwaiti government tightened its measures against the coronavirus. They included complete lockdown of two populous areas, expansion of a night-time curfew in other areas and extending the closure of all state institutions.