Dubai Court
Dubai Court Image Credit: Gulf News Archives

Dubai: A man has been sentenced to eight years in jail for forcing a 15-year-old girl to carry out sexual activities at a Dubai massage parlour before raping her after offering her a soda mixed with alcohol.

According to the Dubai Court of First Instance, the aunt of the Bangladeshi girl brought her to the UAE last year, before forcing her to work in a massage parlour.

When she refused to “please customers” after a massage session, her aunt kept her in the house and promised to send her back to her country.

“I met the defendant who told my aunt that he fell in love with me. I refused to have an affair with him. He took me to a nightclub and offered me a soda. I didn’t know the drink was mixed with alcohol and I started to lose my balance. I don’t remember what happened after that but I woke up in the man’s bedroom,” the victim said in records.

She said she later discovered that the 36-year-old Bangladeshi defendant had sex with her. Her aunt told her the defendant would pay for her studies if she had sex with him.

After one month, her aunt was caught by the police for prostitution work after which the victim was left in the care of the defendant.

“The defendant forced me to work at massage centres and was collecting the money himself. He threatened to keep me without food and water if I refused to comply with his orders and once he even beat me with a belt,” the girl claimed.

In August 2019, the defendant took her to a massage centre where she met a countrywoman and showed her signs of violence on her body.

“She felt sorry for what had happened to me and helped me reach a police station by calling a taxi.”

A 28-year-old Emirati policeman said the victim reported the incident at Al Qusais police station.

Dubai Police arrested the defendant in Al Nahda and he admitted to having an illegal affair with the victim and bringing women from Bangaldesh to work in massage centres.

Dubai Public Prosecution has charged the defendant with human trafficking and raping the victim.

He was sentenced to eight years in jail (three years for raping the girl and five years for human trafficking) to be followed by deportation.