Do you have midnight cravings after Iftar? Have this bowl of tasty power salad to stay healthy yet full. Grab the ingredients below and follow how The Ritz-Carlton, Abu Dhabi celebrates Ramadan with the Mjdara Msfaieh Salad.
|450 gr brown lentils|
|100 gr Egyptian rice|
|200 gr thinly-sliced onion|
|100 ml olive oil|
|500 ml water|
|Salt to taste|
|Black pepper powder as you like|
|5 gr cumin powder|
|100 gr mixed pickles|
|100 gr cucumber|
|100 gr red cherry tomatoes|
|80 gr lettuce|
|10 gr mint spring|
|10 gr fresh parsley leaves|
|20 gr red radish slice|
|50 ml lemon juice|
1. Wash the lentils and Egyptian rice; soak both ingredients separately for 30 minutes.
2. Strain the lentils and rice, and boil until almost cooked, strain again and then add the rice to the lentils
3. Heat up the pan and add half of the olive oil, sauté the onion until it turns into a golden colour.
4. Add ¾ of the golden onion to the mixture of lentils and rice. Add salt, black pepper and cumin powder.
5. Cook the mixture and stir until it becomes a smooth paste. Keep it aside until it gets cold.
6. Prepare the salad by dicing the cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce in small dices.
7. Mix with lemon and olive oil dressing.
8. Take the serving plate and put some lentil paste.
9. Add the salad on top.
10. Use the mint spring, parsley leaves, and the rest of the golden onion for garnish and drizzle with olive oil.