Dubai: Saudi Arabia confirmed the detection of 492 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of infections in the Kingdom to 330,246.
The death toll has risen to 4,512 after 27 deaths were reported over the past 24 hours, the Ministry of Health said on Monday.
The ministry announced 1,060 new recoveries, taking the total number of recovered cases to 311,499. This pushes the recovery rate to 94.32 per cent, Dr. Mohammed Al Abdul Ali, Health Ministry’s Spokesperson said during the ministry’s daily press conference.
Active cases now stand at 14,235, including 1,133 critical, signalling a remarkable decline in both active and critical cases.
Mecca recorded the highest number of infections with 58 cases, while Jeddah reported 53 cases, Medina 38, Riyadh 32, Hufof 31 and 20 cases in Dammam. The rest of the cases were reported in different cities and governorates across the Kingdom, The Kingdom confirmed its first COVID-19 case on March 2 when a coronavirus-infected Saudi man returned from Iran.
Last week, Saudi Arabia allowed certain categories of Saudi citizens and expatriate residents to exit and re-enter the Kingdom through all land, sea, and airports, provided that all coronavirus-related precautionary measures are followed.