Dubai: Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Health on Thursday announced that those who have recovered from COVID-19 infection can still receive two doses of a vaccine.
The ministry explained that the first dose of the vaccine can be taken 10 days after infection, according to medical studies that demonstrated the safety of this procedure, noting that obtaining two doses increases protection against severe infection of COVID-19 variants.
The ministry said that this step comes as part the Kingdom’s efforts and national vaccination campaign to prevent infection and protect public safety. The national campaign is going on according to the plan.
“Half of the Kingdom’s population has received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, while 20 per cent has so far received both doses,” Dr. Mohammed Abdel Ali, spokesman of the ministry, said.
He urged Saudi citizens and expatriate residents to hurry up to take two doses of the vaccine, while pointing out that the ministry has expanded the availability of getting appointment dates for taking doses.
They can register through the “Sehaty App,” stressing that the vaccines approved in the Kingdom are effective and safe.