Cairo: Passengers aged below 15 will not be allowed to travel without escorts on domestic flights due to resume Sunday in Saudi Arabia after a suspension of more than two months , media reports said.
The kingdom’s national carrier Saudi Arabian Airlines said the measure, taken in coordination with the General Authority of Civil Aviation, is part of safety measures.
Other measures oblige passengers to carry only one bag each aboard the plane, use electronic tickets and show up at least two hours before scheduled flights.
As part of precautions against the new coronavirus, the airline said that temperatures of the staff and passengers will be checked before they are allowed into airports. Wearing a protective face mask is mandatory.
Social distancing rules at airports and aboard aircraft will be strictly enforced. Passengers will board the plane in groups to avoid physical proximity.
Customary goods sales during flights will be stopped and become available electronically. Onboard distribution of publications will be halted for health reasons.
Earlier this week, Saudi Arabia announced easing some restrictions earlier imposed to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
Starting from Sunday, movement will be allowed daily from 6am (7am UAE time) until 8pm across Saudi Arabia, except in the holy city of Mecca. Also, all employees return to their workplaces as the kingdom is moving towards gradual return to normal life.