Muscat: An Omani man and woman were found dead in a vehicle near Al Mataz health centre in Salalah province on Wednesday, an official at Oman’s Police has said.
Initial investigations revealed the pair died from inhaling carbon monoxide gas emitted from the car.
Police ruled out criminal intent.
In 2014, a young Omani man and woman were found dead in a parked vehicle in Sohar province after inhailing carbon monoxide gas.
Last May, an eight-year-old boy died in his sleep in his bedroom due to carbon monoxide poisoning in Adam province.
The boy went to take a nap at around 4pm and died from inhaling poisonous gas that was leaking from the air conditioner, according to his relatives.