Cairo: Oman announced today that its overall infections of the coronavirus have reached 87,939, an increase of 349 cases against the country’s tally reported the day before.
The Omani Health Ministry put the country’s total deaths from COVID-19 so far at 751, registering nine new fatalities.
- From the editors: Air passengers to get COVID-19 tests at cheaper rates
- Project Geländewagen is a race-inspired Mercedes G-Class!
- Top news in pictures: India’s MX TakaTak soars, typhoon ravages Korea, US-China trade row, biggest airshow cancelled, oil declines, Akshay’s new look, Russia ‘poisoning’ case
- Gulf Investors flood the London property market
The total number of recovered patients in the sultanate has reached 83,115, or 94.5 per cent, the ministry said, according to the Omani news agency ONA.
There are 167 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the ministry added. In recent weeks, Oman has relaxed several virus-related restrictions.
In mid-August, authorities lifted a ban on night-time movement that was imposed to curb the spread of COVID-19. Oman has said it will resume international flights as of October 1.