Dubai: Kuwait on Saturday announced the first death from the COVID-19 disease in the country. Kuwait also said that 62 new cases of the disease had been recorded, taking the total in the country to 479.
This came as Kuwaiti Minister of Health Sheikh Dr. Basel Al Sabah on Saturday announced the recovery of 11 cases from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), raising the country’s total recoveries to 93, according to Kuwait News Agency (Kuna).
The minister said lab tests and analyses had shown the recovery of the patients, including three females, and that they would be admitted to a rehabilitation ward before being discharged from hospital.
Violating preventive measures
Kuwait Municipality shut down 462 entities nationwide in March for violating health authorities’ preventive measures designed to curb the spread of coronavirus, the Minister of State for Municipal Affairs Waleed Al Jassem said.
Al Jassem, in a statistic on his official Twitter account, said Municipality teams closed shops, restaurants, barber shops, gyms, toy stores, arcades and make-shift wedding halls. The teams, he added, registered 4,483 warnings, 2,751 violations and removed 221 camps.
In Mubarak Al Kabeer Governorate alone, 89 shops were shut down and 735 warnings issued in addition to 215 fines for shops for violating precautionary measures.