Cairo: Kuwait Saturday recorded 900 further cases of the novel coronavirus, taking the country's infection tally to 20,464, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported.
The Health Ministry also announced 10 more deaths from COVID-19, raising the total such fatalities in the country to 148.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry's spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media briefing.
There are currently 192 patients receiving intense care treatment, the official added.
The Health Ministry also said that 232 more patients have recovered from the disease, taking to 5,747 the total of such recoveries in the country.
Kuwait is enforcing a nationwide complete curfew until May 30 to stem the spread of the coronavirus.