Cairo: Kuwait Tuesday confirmed 1,073 new cases of the novel coronavirus, continuing an upward curve and taking the country's infection tally to 16,764, according to the official news agency KUNA.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection,the Health Ministry's spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
He also announced three new deaths from COVID-19, bringing Kuwait's total such fatalities to 121.
The number of patients receiving intense care treatment are 179, according to the official.
Earlier Tuesday, Health Minister Basil Al Sabah said that 342 more patients have recovered from the disease, bringing to 4,681 the total of recoveries in the country, KUNA reported.
In recent weeks, Kuwait has seen an increase in COVID-19 incidence rates, prompting the government to impose a round-the-clock nationwide curfew currently in force until May 30.