Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 463 further cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, against 491 the day before, taking the country's total infections to 67,911, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Sunday.
The latest cases are 319 Kuwaitis and 144 foreign residents, the Health Ministry's spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.
Four new deaths from COVID-19 were announced, bring Kuwait's total such fatalities to 457.
There are 129 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official added, according to KUNA.
Kuwait's total virus tests have reached 509,561 so far after 2,041 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.
The Health Ministry also said that 688 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 59,213 the overall number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.
Kuwait has recently eased virus-induced restrictions under a phased plan to return to normal life.
Last week, the country began cutting a nighttime curfew to six hours a day while hotels and resorts were reopened. Fifty per cent of government and private sector employees are allowed to report to work.