Abu Dhabi: Kuwait has confirmed 919new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, raising the country's infection tally to 47,859, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Thursday.
The Health Ministry also announced one more death from COVID-19, bringing the total such fatalities in Kuwait to 359.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the ministry's spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a daily update.
There are 142 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official said.
Meanwhile, 24 more people have completed mandatory institutional quarantine and will have to spend 14 additional days in home isolation.
Kuwait's total virus tests have reached 395,349 so far after 4,312 tests were done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.
The Health Ministry also said that 675 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, taking the total number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait to 38,390.