Cairo: Kuwait Sunday confirmed 838 new further cases of the novel coronavirus, raising the country's infection tally to 21,302, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported.
The Health Ministry also announced eight more deaths from COVID-19, taking the total such fatalities in the country to 156.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry's spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a statement to KUNA.
There are currently 177 patients receiving intense care treatment, the official added.
Dr Al Sanad said that 109 people have left institutional quarantine centres and will have to spend at least 14 days in home isolation.
The Health Ministry also said that 370 more patients have recovered from the disease, bringing to 6,117 the total of such recoveries in the country.
Kuwait is enforcing a nationwide complete curfew until May 30 to stem the spread of the coronavirus.