Cairo: Kuwait has recorded 651 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, taking the country's overall infections to 69,425, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Wednesday, citing a health official.
The latest cases are 425 Kuwaitis and 226 foreign residents, the Health Ministry's spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.
Three new deaths from COVID-19 were announced, bringing Kuwait's total such fatalities to 468.
There are 128 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official added.
Kuwait's total virus tests have reached 518,601 so far after 4,450 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.
The Health Ministry also said that 580 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 60,906 the overall number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.
Kuwait has recently eased virus-induced restrictions under a plan to gradually return to normal life.
Last week, the country began cutting a nighttime curfew to six hours a day while hotels and resorts were reopened. Fifty per cent of government and private sector employees are allowed to report to work.