Cairo: Kuwait has recorded 638 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, raising the country's infection tally to 49,941, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Sunday, quoting a Health Ministry official.
The latest cases are 463 Kuwaitis and 175 foreign residents, the Health Ministry's spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
The total fatalities from COVID-19 in Kuwait has climbed to 368 with three new deaths registered today.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, Dr Al Sanad added in a daily update.
There are 157 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official said.
Meanwhile, 46 more people have completed mandatory institutional quarantine and will have to spend 14 additional days in home isolation.
Kuwait's total virus tests have reached 405,984 so far after 3,043 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.
The Health Ministry also reported that 520 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, taking the total number of recoveries from the disease to 40,463 in Kuwait.