Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 582 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, raising the country's infection tally to 45,524, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Monday.
The Health Ministry also announced two more deaths from COVID-19, bringing the total such fatalities in Kuwait to 350.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the ministry's spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a daily update.
There are 145 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official said.
Seventy more people have completed mandatory institutional quarantine and will have to spend 14 additional days in home isolation.
Kuwait has done 3,504 swabs over the past 24 hours, bringing to 382,842 the country's total virus tests so far, according to Dr Al Sanad.
The Health Ministry also said 819 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, taking the total number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait to 36,313.