Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 770 further cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, an increase of 164 cases against the day before, bringing the country’s total infections to 65,149, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA said Tuesday.
The latest cases comprise 519 Kuwaitis and 251 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.
Four new deaths from COVID-19 were announced, taking Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 442.
There are 124 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official added in a media update.
Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 494,289 so far after 4,732 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.
The Health Ministry also said that 624 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 55,681 the overall number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.
Kuwait has recently relaxed virus-induced restrictions as part of a phased plan to return to normal life.
Kuwait started Tuesday cutting a nighttime curfew to six hours a day while hotels and resorts are allowed to reopen. Maximum 50 per cent of government and private sector employees are back to work.