REG_190511  Bahrain TV_OS-1557593520938
Manama: A fire erupted inside a house in south Bahrain due to a malfunction in a television set, Bahraini newspaper Al Bilad reported on Saturday. Image Credit:

Manama: A fire erupted inside a house in south Bahrain due to a malfunction in a television set, Bahraini newspaper Al Bilad reported on Saturday.

Firefighters rushed to the house in the East Riffa district and put it out in a record time, the report said.

Their swift action prevented the blaze from extending to other parts of the house.

The fire, which broke out Friday evening, caused no casualties, only resulting in material damage, the paper added.

Initial investigations found that the television suffered high voltage, which sparked the fire.

Images carried by the paper showed one room blackened out in the aftermath of the fire.