Washington: The United States on Wednesday said it supports direct dialogue between India and Pakistan on the disputed Kashmir region and called for calm and restraint as the dispute escalated.
“We continue to support direct dialogue between India and Pakistan on Kashmir and other issues of concern,” a department spokeswoman said in a statement.
- Hundreds of migrant workers flee Kashmir after lockdown
- What's next as Indian parliament passes Jammu & Kashmir bill
- Indian President declares abrogation of Article 370 provisions for Jammu and Kashmir
- Kashmir: Pakistan partially closes airspace amid India tensions
- UAE travel advisory for Jammu & Kashmir