Dubai: Driving around the UAE can sometimes be nerve-wrecking, to say the least – especially when others do not follow traffic rules.
The Ministry of Interior has launched an educational video clip to raise awareness on how to enter roundabouts, in order to prevent such simple accidents from taking place on UAE roads.
Entering a roundabout may seem like a simple task in itself, but do you know how to do it?
On the website of Road Safety UAE, it explained that there is a need for motorists need to carry out driving etiquette at roundabouts.
20 cars seized, 130 others fined in crackdown on reckless driving in Sharjah
Dh500 fine for stopping vehicles to pray on roadside
4 killed, 12 injured in Dubai traffic accidents
UAE man gets Dh1 million in radar fines
According to Road Safety UAE, here are nine traffic tips on how to use roundabouts and prevent accidents from happening:
- Care for pedestrians, at roundabout with zebra-crossings
- Upon entering a roundabout, obey the yield signs!
- Wait patiently until you can enter the round about safely
- Be mindful and caring of other vehicles besides you
- Stay in the right lane, if you plan to use the 1st exit
- Use the left or center lane, if you plan to use the 2nd or further exit
- In passing exits you don’t use, gradually move to the right lane until your exit comes up
- Use your indicator, if you change lanes inside the roundabout
- Use your indicator, if you leave the roundabout
Source: Dubai Roads and Transport Authority
Motorists are also urged not to cut through roundabouts, to wait for their turn and not force themselves into the roundabout, and thirdly, to pay attention to other drivers who might not be adhering to traffic rules.