The visa section of General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in the UAE. For illustrative purposes only. Image Credit: Ahmed Ramzan/Gulf News archives

Dubai: Good conduct certicate is not a mandatory document for those who want to transfer their residency visa inside the UAE, Gulf News has learnt.

According to a new circular issued to Amer and Tasheel centers in Dubai, a good conduct certificate is not required for transferring sponsorship visa for foreign workers inside the UAE.

How to apply for a Good Conduct Certificate

Those who already work in the UAE will not need the good conduct certificate to move to another job.

All you need to know about conduct certificate rule for new job visas in the UAE

The rule of obtaining mandatory good conduct certificate for expatriates to get a work permit in the UAE comes into force on February 4, after an announcement by UAE government that all expatriates applying for a job in the UAE must first obtain a certificate of good conduct in order to be issued a work permit.

The new circular, issued by immigration departments in the UAE on the instruction of the Interior Ministry, exempt workers transferring visa inside the country.

The domestic workers from Philippines and Indonesia can obtain a work visa without the good conduct document too.

Workers from other countries who want to work in the UAE still need to obtain the good conduct certificate from their home countries.

Last month, the UAE Coordination Committee approved a Cabinet Resolution issued in 2017 stipulating that expatriates who apply for work visa in the UAE must first obtain a certificate of good conduct — issued either by their home country or the country where they lived in for the last five years.

The certificate must then be attested by UAE diplomatic missions, or oversees Customer Happiness Centres at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.

A senior official told Gulf News on Thursday that there is no change in the good conduct certificate as it is mandatory for all employment visa.