Abu Dhabi: The UAE Cabinet on Thursday approved a decision extending Eid Al Fitr holidays for a week, starting from Saturday, April 30 until Friday, May 6.
The decision covers all ministries and federal entities in the UAE. Work will be resumed on Monday, May 9.
This means, employees of all ministries and federal entities will enjoy 9-day long holiday.
9-day break in Sharjah
In line with the Cabinet decision, the Sharjah Human Resources Department amended its Eid Al Fitr holiday to start on April 30 and end on May 8. Work will be resumed on May 9.
Dubai announces 9-day holiday
In line with the UAE Cabinet decision, the Dubai Government Human Resources Department also approved the Eid Al Fitr holidays for a period of 9 days for government employees. The holidays will start on Saturday, April 30 and end on Sunday, May 8. Official working hours will resume on Monday, May 9, 2022.
- Eid Al Fitr holidays for private sector in UAE announced
- First day of Eid Al Fitr is May 2 in most countries, says International Astronomical Centre
- Eid Al Fitr 2022 holidays: Forest visits and beach breaks among things to do in Sharjah
- Eid Al Fitr 2022: Travelling out of the UAE for a quick break? All the COVID-19 guidelines you need to follow for a hassle-free trip
- Eid Al Fitr 2022 long weekend: From Georgia to Switzerland, 8 trending last-minute getaways from UAE
Long weekend for private sector
The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation has earlier announced that the period from 29th Ramadan through 3rd Shawwal 1443 will be a paid Eid holiday for all private-sector workers.