Dubai and Abu Dhabi: The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship announced that it has resumed issuing entry permits into the country, commencing today (September 24). However, work permit issuance is still on hold at this stage.
The resumption of this service is within the framework of easing restrictions and strengthening the state's efforts towards supporting recovery plans of the country's tourism sector and economy.
- UAE: Keep your passport, degrees and property documents safe from fire, damage and theft
- Pictures: UAE 10-year gold card visa for record breaker Cristiano Ronaldo
- COVID-19: Wedding, funeral protocols that need to be followed in the UAE
- The easiest way to book a COVID-19 test in the UAE
- See 16 places Indians can travel "visa on arrival" for free or minimal cost in 2020
- UAE: My employer has not cancelled my visa, what can I do?
The Authority stated that the decision follows the precautionary measures undertaken by the travel industry to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The decision to suspend the issuance of visas was put in place in March, with the exception of diplomatic passport holders, as part of all-round efforts to combat the spread of the virus.