Amity University, Dubai
Amity University Dubai is a part of the renowned Amity Education Group having an illustrious track record spanning over 20 years. It has 23 campuses spread over 1,000 acres including 4 world-class universities, in India.
Amity is home to over 80,000 students pursuing 240 Programs in 50 diverse disciplines across its various campuses including 8 international campuses which give Amity students an advantage of pursuing a part of their program at any of Amity’s 13 campuses in India, besides London, Singapore, New York, California and Mauritius.
Years in existence: 20 in India, 3 in Dubai
Home campus: Amity is the leading education group of India with over 1,00,000 students studying across 1,000 acres of hi-tech campus.
Accreditation: University Grants Commission, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India; KHDA, Government of Dubai-licensed and approved, The Amity University has been established by an act of State Legislature and recognised by University Grants Commission (UGC) through the Act of State Legislature.
Total faculty: Over 50+ in Dubai campus.
Student strength/nationalities represented: 700 Students, 40 nationalities.
Degree degrees offered: Foundation, Bachelors & Masters Degrees in 28 disciplines.
Placement and internships: 100 per cent placement of the first MBA batch passed out in 2013, 100 per cent Internship for BBA and MBA students in the Dubai Campus. Over the years, 30,000 Amity students have got on-campus placements in MNCs and top organisations from its various campuses in India. Over 4,000 students have already got on-campus placements in the year 2013 in the India campuses. A record 1,309 students were placed in a single day by Accenture, a Fortune 500 Company from the Amity Business School, India.
- State-of-the-art campus to come up by 2014, over 7,00,000 sq ft with state of the art infrastructure, labs and sporting facilities.
- India’s Best Private University and India’s Leading Research Funded University.
- Heritage of excellence spanning over 20 years in India and 3 years in the UAE.
- 60,000 alumni from Amity University, India, Over 200 Amity Alumni currently working in UAE
- Alumni all over the world in leading companies like McKinsey, Ernst & Young, HLL, Samsung, Star TV etc.
Apart from academics, the focus is to develop well-rounded personalities and therefore, sessions are conducted for personal grooming, business etiquette, negotiation skills and effective communication. Students are given opportunities to join clubs and committees and organise events, the experience of which will last a life-time. Such experiences create social and professional networks for the students.
An active student council, the office bearers for which are elected from the entire student body through an election process.
The purpose of establishing the Student Council at Amity University Dubai is to provide the student body with a common platform aimed at encouraging interaction among students and the university body. It also aims at providing students with opportunities to develop life skills and leadership qualities through organising activities and hosting events of interest to the students and to engage them in meaningful activities.
As Amity University prepares to expand and move to its own premise, it aims to enhance its role in engaging students and ensuring they have a richer experience at the University. It also works to foster a spirit of community, understanding, and harmony throughout the campus.
Student Council aims at the following:
- Create a collaborative, nurturing, and participative campus environment.
- Enhance the educational, physical, social and emotional well-being of students.
- Provide students with a platform to voice their views and facilitate action from the campus administration on any issues, needs and concerns.
- Provide a link between the student body and University Management.
- Encourage participation in extracurricular activities.
- Coordinate university events involving the campus community, such as National Day celebrations, Open Day, Seminars and Conferences, Debates etc.
- Organise clubs, field trips, workshops and competitions.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop life skills.
- Develop leadership skills.