Dubai: A businessman has been accused of molesting his two housemaids while they massaged him in his bedroom after one of them filmed him with her mobile, heard a court on Thursday.
The two Filipina housemaids were said to have been working for the 68-year-old Austrian businessman at his residence in Dubai earlier this year.
One day in January, the 68-year-old called one of the housemaids to his bedroom and asked her, according to records, to massage him before he removed her clothes and molested her.
On another day in March, the Austrian man called up his other housemaid and also asked her for a massage during which he also groped and molested her, said records.
Afterwards one of the Filipinas set her mobile phone on video mode, put it on the table facing the sofa in the businessman’s bedroom and filmed him undress her and abusing her sexually.
Thereafter, the two Filipinas reported the matter to the police who apprehended the Austrian.
Prosecutors charged the suspect of sexually abusing his two housemaids on separate occasions.
The suspect pleaded not guilty and refuted the charges before the Dubai Court of First Instance.
One of the housemaids, 31, claimed to prosecutors that her co-worker informed her one day that the suspect molested her in his bedroom after he had asked her for a massage.
“My co-worker alleged to me that the suspect called her to his bedroom and asked her to massage him," she stated before the court. "She claimed that while she was massaging his shoulders, the suspect stripped her naked and molested her. When he called me to his bedroom, I set my phone on video mode to film him in case he molests me.
"As soon as he walked out of his bathroom, he asked me to massage him and then when he tried to remove my clothes, I cried and begged him to stop. He didn’t yield and removed my dress and touched me indecently. I called the police once I left his room,” she testified to prosecutors.
The other housemaid, 34, confirmed her countrywoman’s statement.
A policeman claimed to prosecutors that when he questioned the suspect, he refuted the housemaids’ allegations.
“When I confronted him with the video recording, he refused to respond,” said the policeman.
A ruling will be heard on November 29.