Dubai: Saudi Arabia has evacuated 10 Saudi students from Wuhan, according to Saudi state television which quoted a Saudi diplomat.
The 10 students were not displaying any symptoms of the virus and will be kept in quarantine upon arrival.
Saudi Press Agency later confirmed the news.
Chinese authorities agreed to the special flight.
Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Health, Tawfiq, Al Rabiah, confirmed that the country has no cases of coronavirus so far.
“We have increased readiness to deal with any situation that is quickly discovered,” he said.
Saudi Arabian Airlines on Sunday announced the suspension of flights to the Chinese city of Guangzhou.
The Philippines said on Sunday a 44-year-old Chinese man had died of the new coronavirus, the first fatality from the growing outbreak to have died outside of China, where the epidemic started.
In China, the death toll from the coronavirus outbreak had reached 304 as of the end of Saturday, state broadcaster CCTV said on Sunday, citing the country’s National Health Commission, with recorded cases of infections of more than 14,000.