Dubai: Saudi Arabia’s Health Ministry on Monday said that 10 Saudi students who were evacuated from the Chinese city of Wuhan were “virus free”.
The students arrived Sunday after a special flight was chartered to evacuate them from the epicenter of the coronavirus.
The students who had not displayed any symptoms were kept in quarantine uppon their arrival.
It is unclear if the students were released.
Saudi Arabia has evacuated 10 Saudi students from Wuhan, according to Saudi state television which quoted a Saudi diplomat.
Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Health, Tawfiq, Al Rabiah, on Sunday confirmed that the country has no cases of coronavirus so far.
“We have increased readiness to deal with any situation that is quickly discovered,” he said.
Saudi Arabia and Oman both canceled flights to China on Sunday.
The Philippines said on Sunday a 44-year-old Chinese man had died of the new coronavirus, the first fatality from the growing outbreak to have died outside of China, where the epidemic started.
In China, the death toll from the coronavirus outbreak had reached 304 as of the end of Saturday, state broadcaster CCTV said on Sunday, citing the country’s National Health Commission, with recorded cases of infections of more than 14,000.