Cairo: Kuwait has recorded six more new coronavirus cases, raising the total of infections to 148, a health official said Thursday.
The latest cases include four Kuwaitis linked to travel to the UK, spokesman for the Health Ministry Abdullah Al Sanad said in an update.
The two others were detected in two persons - A Kuwaiti man and a Filipina woman - who were in contact with others recently returning from the UK, he added.
There are other five infected people in the intensive care units, including three critical cases, according to the official.
A total of 18 other cases have recovered from the virus in Kuwait so far, the Health Ministry said.
Kuwait has enforced a string of precautionary measures to contain the spread of the Covid-19.
The country has halted flights with the outside world, given all employees a two-week holiday and extended the closure of educational institutions.
Authorities have also ordered the shutdown of commercial complexes, shopping malls and public markets with the exception of food supply outlets.