Cairo: Kuwait announced Saturday 93 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus and one new fatality.
The latest cases bring to 1,751 the country's infection tally and rise to six the overall virus-caused deaths, spokesman for the Health Ministry Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
The dead person was a 68-year-old Bangladeshi resident who suffered from chronic diseases, the official added in a media briefing.
The latest cases include 83 patients who were in touch with previously infected people, the official said. Ten other cases are being investigated, he added.
Kuwaiti Health Minister Sheikh Basil Al Sabah earlier Saturday said that 22 more patients have recovered from Covid-19, raising to 280 the overall recoveries in the country.