Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 701 new cases of coronavirus over the past 24 hours. It is a drop of 16 against the number recorded the previous day, and takes the country’s overall infections to 74,486, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Thursday.
The latest cases include 500 Kuwaitis and 201 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said in an update.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, according to the official.
No new deaths from COVID-19 were reported, keeping Kuwait’s total fatalities at 489.
118 patients are receiving intensive care treatment, Dr. Al Sanad said.
Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 548,005 so far after 4,147 were done over the past 24 hours, the official added.
The Health Ministry also reported that 648 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 66,099 the total number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.
Kuwait has recently set into motion a plan for a gradual return to normal life.