Dubai: Another 11 people in Kuwait have tested positive for coronavirus over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 123, a health ministry spokesman said on Monday, Al Arabiya reported.
One of the infected person is linked to travel to the US, one to Iran, four travelled to the UK while three came into contact with another case that recently travelled to the UK. Another person who tested positive has recently arrived from Qatar.
All of the aforementioned cases are Kuwaiti nationals, according to the spokesman while the eleventh case is for an Egyptian national who recently travelled to Egypt.
Kuwait has recorded nine recoveries as of Monday, bringing the total number of those receiving medical care for coronavirus infections to 114, said the spokesman.
Only four people are currently in the intensive care unit (ICU) with three being in critical condition and one in stable condition.
The spokesman said four cases who were previously in the ICU had recovered and were taken out of the ICU.
“These are positive signs that give us hope,” he added.
Kuwait has administered 9,981 coronavirus tests, according to the health ministry.
On Saturday, Kuwait announced it would close shops, malls, and barbershops to prevent the spread of the virus.
There are about 156,000 confirmed cases worldwide and 76,000 recoveries, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).