Abu Dhabi: The Federal Authority for Government Human Resources (FAHR) has rebuffed rumours circulated on social media that daily work hours at federal government entities would be changed by July 1, confirming that such information is false.
The authority urged the public and social media users to seek information from its official website and its social media platforms and avoid rumours and misleading news.
The authority said that the executive regulations of the Human Resources Law stipulated the newly introduced work models and employment types like part time, temporary work and flexible work, work from office, remote work from within the country and remote work from outside the country, as well as hybrid work and compressed work.
- UAE federal employees can opt for three-day weekend
- Dubai Summer Surprises brings ultimate fun, shopping and entertainment this year
- Eid Al Adha holidays without Schengen or US visas? Check out these wellness destinations in Asia
- Eid Al Adha travel: Wellness, detox trips score high for UAE residents as Schengen visa delays continue
- Things to do in the UAE during the long weekend: Try escape rooms in Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi
The compressed work is just one type of the work models that have been devised to enhance the flexibility of the government work environment and facilitate and speed up the completion process.
The compressed work system is subjected to particular and defined regulations and requirements related to the nature of work at each federal government entity.
The compressed work system is allowed to be implemented in exceptional cases in accordance with certain regulations set by the HR authority.