Dubai: An intersex person and a male tourist were apprehended from a hotel room for being involved in a sexual encounter after cybercrime policemen tracked them down through Snapchat and Twitter.
Policemen at Dubai Police’s cybercrime section were patrolling online and surfing the internet when they found on social media networks two suspicious accounts that were promoting pornographic materials and videos of individuals involved in sex in September.
Further investigation revealed that a 31-year-old German intersex person had booked a room in a hotel in the Business Bay area and had been involved in illegal sexual activities that were being promoted on two accounts, Twitter and Snapchat, Gulf News learnt on Thursday.
Cybercrime policemen, thereafter, raided the hotel room to arrest the German suspect and during the sudden raid, law enforcement officers apprehended a 34-year-old Saudi tourist for being involved sexually with the German.
The German and the Saudi were referred to the Dubai Public Prosecution facing primary charges of prostitution, consensual sex and promoting pornographic materials through broadcasting.
Sources close to the case told Gulf News: “Physical examinations proved that the 31-year-old suspect, who is identified as a female as per the German passport, is an intersex person. Meanwhile, the Saudi is used to having bizarre sex.”
Upon leaving the hotel room, law enforcement officers asked the 34-year-old suspect about what he was doing in the room before he responded that he came to have paid sex with the German.
When questioned by prosecutors, the German suspect was quoted as admitting to have had sex five times with males for Dh2,000 each. The intersex suspect was also cited to have admitted that the sexual encounters were all videotaped and broadcast on Snapchat and Twitter.
Meanwhile, the Saudi suspect admitted to prosecutors that he and the German indulged in a sexual encounter at the hotel room and paid Dh2,000 to the 34-year-old.
Medical reports confirmed that the German has contracted HIV.
Prosecution sources close to the case told Gulf News on Thursday that the case has been dropped against the suspects and they have been deported.
“Due to previous directives issued by the Attorney General to halt legal action against suspects involved in prostitution cases and especially if the involved suspects have dangerous diseases, the case against the German and the Saudi was dropped. Prosecutors did not pursue the interrogation and the process of establishing further evidence to implicate the suspects … the case was dropped due to the unimportance of the crime and they have been deported,” said the source.
Records said that the suspects have been blacklisted from entering the UAE.