Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi Police have issued a total of 1,672 fines over the last two months to people disregarding COVID-19 precautionary measures.
- Photos: Gulf News readers share pictures of foggy weather in the UAE
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Kolkata Knight Riders lose to Mumbai Indians in pictures
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Rajasthan Royals defeat Chennai Super Kings in pictures
- In pictures: UAE's iconic buildings light up to mark Saudi Arabia's 90th National Day
- In Pictures: Learn how to make a sofa or a bed at a traditional furniture factory in Sharjah
The fines were issued to people failing to adhere to precautionary measures at shopping malls and beaches across the emirate. Violations included not wearing face masks, failing to observe physical distancing, and for attending gatherings or hosting gatherings with people more than the allowed limit.
The authorities have emphasised the importance of adhering to preventive and precautionary measures, and urged residents to behave responsibly when in public.