Abu Dhabi: Ten ambassadors were sworn in before President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, at Al Rawdah Palace last evening.
Shaikh Khalifa directed the new ambassadors towards working sincerely to enhance the UAE's position at the international level, and reflect the development the country has reached at various levels.
Shaikh Khalifa said: "We find you worthy of our trust and we hope that you will serve your country well."
Shaikh Khalifa also spoke of enhancing the role of women in the diplomatic corps, where he said that women's work in this field expresses the emphasis the country is giving to achieve active co-operation of UAE women in taking up national responsibilities.
Shaikh Khalifa wished the new ambassadors success in their new posts, in a way that will boost and strengthen ties between the UAE and countries around the world.
The new ambassadors thanked Shaikh Khalifa and expressed their deep gratitude for his trust.
Also present at the ceremony were Shaikh Tahnoun Bin Mohammad Al Nahyan, the Ruler' s Representative in the Eastern Region; Lieutenant General Shaikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Interior; Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Foreign Minister, and other shaikhs and senior officials.
Shaikh Khalifa hosted an iftar banquet following the swearing-in ceremony.
The list: New diplomats
- Hamad Ali Al Ka'abi, UAE's permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency
- Mohammad Ali Nasser Al Wali Al Mazroui, Ambassador to Algeria
- Abdullah Nasser Al Amiri, Ambassador to France
- Abdullah Ebrahim Al Suwaidi, Ambassador to Australia
- Abdullah Mohammad Al Takawi, Ambassador to Mauritania
- Dr Hassa Abdullah Al Otaiba, Ambassador to Spain
- Omar Saif Gobash, Ambassador to Russia
- Khalid Khalifa Al Mualla, Ambassador to Turkey
- Mohammad Eisa Al Qattam, Ambassador to Argentina
- Shaikha Najlaa Mohammad Salem Al Qasimi, Ambassador to Sweden
Biographies of UAE Ambassadors:
- Abdullah Ibrahim Al Suwaidi, Ambassador to Australia, born in 1958, retired staff colonel, holds a Masters degree in Military Sciences, and has gone through courses in International Law, Protocol, Public Relations and has a diploma in diplomacy. Al Suwaidi has obtained several medals and decorations.
- Mohammad Ali Nasser Al Wali Al Mazrouei, UAE Ambassador to Algeria, born in 1953, retired Major General,, studied at the Military Academy in the UK, BA in Military Sciences and Administration, MA from the College of Defence Studies in the UK. Filled in many prominent military positions. Studied intensively at the Fletcher College in International Affairs, and Diplomacy at the University of Westminster. Al Mazrouei has obtained several medals and decorations.
- Omar Saif Ghobash, Ambassador to Russia, born in 1971, Law degree from Oxford University, London University graduate in Applied Mathematics. Speaks English, Russian, French, Italian and Spanish.
- Abdullah Nasser Al Ameri, Ambassador to France, born in 1954, Staff Brigadier Aviator, retired. Holds a PhD in Political Science, a Masters degree in Military Sciences and another Masters Degree in Crises Management. Al Ameri served as Commander of the Aviation School and other important posts.
- Shaikha Najlaa Mohammad Salim Mohammad Al Qassimi, Ambassador to Sweden, born in 1970. Holder of BA in Political Science. Worked in the banking sector then moved on to the diplomatic sector where she became first secretary in 2005.
- Dr Hassa Abdullah Al Otaibah, Ambassador to Spain, PhD in Business Administration, and a Masters degree in Administration through Computers. Worked in the diplomatic sector and speaks English, French, Portages and Spanish.
- Khalid Khalifa Abdullah Rashid Al mu'alla born in 1958. Holds a Bachelor degree in International Studies from University of La Verne in the US. He joined foreign services in 1986 and served at the UAE' s mission in New York and the UAE embassy in Washington.
- Abdullah Mohammad Al Takawi born in 1948. Underwent several courses in development, international law and negotiations diplomacy.Served as acting charge d'affaires to Kuwait in 1983.
- Mohammad Issa Al Qattam Al Zaabi born in 1958. Holds a BA in political science. Joined the foreign service in 1992 and was promoted to the post of a chancellor in 2000. Served in many UAE embassies, including UAE embassy in London in 2004.