Hyderabad: It is exactly two years since a bomb blast during the Friday congregation in the historic Makkah Masjid of Hyderabad killed 6 people and subsequent police firing outside the mosque took another eight lives, but the investigations into the terror attack is all but dead due to lack of clues.
The broken piece of a stone platform near the water tank in the sprawling courtyard of the mosque near Charminar is the only remnant of the ghastly tragedy which had plunged the city into panic.
After the initially investigations by the city police, the case was referred to the Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI). The Hyderabad city police officials said they did not know any thing about the status of the probe.
"It is in the CBI's domain", a police official said. But the CBI sources said that they have not been able to make any headway as the trail had gone dead. "There had been little or no cooperation from the Hyderabad police", a source said.
The situation was in fact so pathetic that the police did not provide the case diary, FIR and other records to the CBI.