Serves 4 | Prep time 15 mins | Cooking time 25 mins
2 tbsp butter
200ml olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
150g risotto rice (Arborio/Vialone Nano/Carnaroli)
500ml beetroot juice
500ml vegetable stock
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
200g goat’s cheese, cubed
1. In a pan melt the butter and add a little olive oil.
2. Sauté the garlic, add the onion and fry, then add the rice and fry again for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add some beetroot juice and stock, stirring over a medium heat.
4. Add more stock, cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
5. Season with salt, pepper and Parmesan. Set aside to cool.
6. Crack the egg into a separate bowl and whisk. Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate.
7. Roll the risotto into ping pong-sized balls and stuff with goat’s cheese. Coat in egg and crumbs.
9. Heat the oil in a large pan. Deep-fry until golden brown.
— Recipe courtesy of chef Nigel Lobo at Taj Dubai