Abu Dhabi: Several businesses in Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (Kizad) along with the Khalifa Port will start manufacturing production during this summer, a top official told Gulf News.
Kizad now has over 50 investors, with many investors production facilities are under construction, Captain Mohammad Juma Al Shamsi, the CEO of Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC), said.
Kizad already houses the world’s largest aluminium smelter at its anchor tenant Emirates Aluminium (EMAL). The megaproject of Khalifa Port and Kizad is expected to grow over the next twenty years to become one of the largest industrial zones in the world.
Kizad has been a cornerstone of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 that envisages diversifying the economy.
Some of the recent investors at Kizad are:-
• Morgan Advanced Materials, a UK provider of high specification engineered products, signed a 30-year agreement with an initial investment in their Dh50 million facility.
• Spinneys, one of the UAE’s leading supermarket chains will operate a fresh distribution centre with a dedicated cold storage facility in the industrial zone’s logistics cluster.
• National Food Products Company (NFPC) has signed a 50 year agreement. One of the largest food producers in the UAE, its initial investment of approximately Dh1.5 billion, is in a mega-facility that will be spread across 8,093,469 square feet.
• West Coast Co LLC, a leading provider of cleaning and waste management products and services in the UAE, is investing Dh60 million to set up a new manufacturing facility which will commence operations later this year.
• Agility, one of the world’s leading providers of integrated logistics, has begun operations at its new 11,133 square metre facility in the Kizad Logistics Park (KLP). This transaction represents Abu Dhabi’s largest private sector warehouse leasing deal and one of the largest ever seen in the region. Agility’s facility in KLP covers almost one fourth of Kizad phase-one’s total area of 46,453 square metres.